Help us to develop and prepare MRI as an ALS biomarker
Recruiting patients and controls
CALSNIC-2 (Canadian ALS Neuroimaging Consortium)
Michael Benatar, MD, PhD
Observational, Cohort, Biomarker
- Affected: Individuals affected with ALS or a related neurodegenerative disorder, including ALS-FTD, PLS, and PMA.
- Controls: Healthy controls 40 – 80 years old.
To investigate, in a multi-center fashion, the usefulness of advancing magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) techniques as potential biomarkers for ALS
3 half-day study visits in Miami over an 8-month period
- Brief family and medical history review
- MRI Scan
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Speech Testing
- Neurological Exam (Affected Participants only)
- Breathing Testing (Affected Participants only)