Is a Clinical Social worker that started working at the University of Miami in 1998, as part of the multidisciplinary team for the ALS Center. She was the Director of Social Work Services at Sylvester Comprehensive Center and Manager of the Palliative Care Team at Baptist Hospital Health System. She is now working part-time at the University of Miami as a social worker for the ALS and CMT multidisciplinary clinics. Lourdes has a lot experience assisting families with CMT in getting services from the community.
- CReATe Author Series: Ep. 3 – Dr. Michael Benatar and Neurofilament Biomarkers for ALS
- Pre-Symptomatic ALS Clinical Trial Paves the Way for Early Intervention Strategies in Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Learn how you can contribute to ALS research by donating CSF
- Miller School Studies Pave the Way for the First Pre-Symptomatic ALS Trial for Individuals with SOD1 Genetic Mutation
- ALS Center investigators host first international Pre-Symptomatic ALS Workshop